I have been enjoying doing more cooking, baking, and eating fresh foods. Here is a few healthy yummies I have been enjoying...
I don't know about you but I don't just LOVE water. I will drink it and I know it's good for me but I am not the most crazy about it. I am trying to drink more water so I found this yummy suggestion...
Day Spa Apple Cinnamon Water- 0 calories
Makes one big pitcher, re-fill water 3-4 times before replacing apples and cinnamon-
1 Apple thinly sliced, I like Fugi but pick your favorite
1 Cinnamon Stick
Drop apple slices in the bottom of the pitcher (save a few to drop in your
glass later) and then the cinnamon stick, cover with ice about 1/2 way through
then with water. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes before serving.
You can make all kinds of yummy water by adding fruits and herbs. Here is a link: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/quick-and-easy-flavored-water
Spicer and I made Nanner "Ice Cream" last night. Here is how you make it...
1. Get some bananas. Make sure they are ripe!!!
2. Peel the bananas, cut them into approx. 1/2" slices, and put them on a tray.
3. Pop the tray in the freezer for a few hours until the bananas are frozen. (Once they're frozen, you can also put them in a bag to use later).
4. Put your bananas in a food processor or blender.
5. Start mixing. First the bananas will just get chopped up.
6. But as you keep mixing and scraping down the sides, it'll get creamier and creamier.
I swear I didn't add anything else ~ this is just bananas!
7. You can eat it right now, just out of the blender/food processor, and it'll be like a soft serve custard.
8. Put it back in the freezer and eat it later.
Spicer and I added Sugar Free Choc Sauce and Vanilla Extract to ours and it was amazing.
We are getting Nanners in bulk and I plan on making 4 kinds tonight to freeze for the next few weeks. We are going to make coffe, green tea, french vanilla, and chocolate. Can't wait! Thanks http://www.cometogetherkids.com for such a great idea!! Here is what ours looked like. MMMMMMMMMM