1. Walk and/or bike when you can. Tommy and I walked and biked all over Europe. It is not only a healthy way of transportation but it is also cheap or in the case of walking free!!
2. Split meals and desserts. Tommy and I had several high calorie meals and desserts but we split them. This really cut down on the calories and helped with the cost.
3. Eat light when you can. We opted for very light breakfasts and often lunches.
4. Make unhealthier meals lighter. You can work to make things lighter by doing things like getting a sauce on the side and opt for the leaner meats (Lean beef, chicken). We ate from the basket of bread but never asked for a re-fill.
4. Don't deny yourself. I feel like Tommy and I enjoyed the food and Europe and we NEVER deprived ourselves.
Here are a few pictures of some of our yummy dishes in Europe...